The first time I heard about Heat Moldable Insoles, I have to admit I was a bit intimidated. I mean after all, I have to put the insoles into the oven? Here I was worried about creating a rubberized glob of mess in my oven. Fortunately, my initial uneducated thoughts were far from the truth. To my enthusiastic discovery, The process of creating a customized fit for my feet with the SOLE Softec Response Custom Footbeds was easy. In fact, the SOLE Custom Footbeds are either Wear-Moldable or Heat-Moldable -your choice! The customized fit of the SOLE Response Insoles provided a wonderful arch support in my shoes.
At The Insole Store.com, we assist customers on a daily basis in search of an insole that can assist with comfort, preventing, treating Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Shin Splints, Stress Fractures, Heel, Arch, and Metatarsal Pain. Often we discover that an orthotic arch support maybe the best route to go over a cushioned insole and invariably most problems occur with clients having a flat foot (low arch) or high arched feet. These two arch types are the most prone to foot pain issues. Sure we have insoles specifically made for low, neutral, and high arched feet; however, have the ability to create a customized insole fit to ones foot arch can certainly help in providing the right fit with our selection of heat moldable insoles.
The SOLE Softec Response Custom Footbeds are a “wear moldable” or “heat moldable” insole. The Response Insoles measure 4mm thick at the forefoot and are in the middle of depth for the 3 primary SOLE Custom Footbeds. If you prefer a extra cushion or need more volume to fill shoe space, consider the SOLE Softec Ultra Footbeds or if you need a thinner insole for tight cleated shoes, skates, or even casual/dress shoes,choose the SOLE Softec Thin Sport Footbeds.
If your seeking to create a customize fit via the Heat Moldable route, it is reatively easy.
- Preheat your Conventional Oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit or if you have a Convectional Oven 175 degrees Fahrenheit. While your oven is preheating, take you old insoles out of your shoe and place them over your new SOLE Footbeds lined up at the heel. Take a pen and run across the edge of the old insole leaving a line across the toe (if they new insoles are longer) of the New SOLE Footbeds. Take a pair of scissors and trim your New SOLE Footbeds along the pen line. NOTE: Insert your New SOLE Footbeds in your shoes first to see if they fit prior to heating & trimming.
- Ok -has your oven pre-heated to the correct temperature? Yes. Place your SOLE Footbeds on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Heat for 2 minutes or when the Opti-Therm (heat) Indicator turns from the color white to black.
- Remove the cookie sheet and immediately place the warm insoles flat into your shoes.
- Insert your feet and tie-up your laces. Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed forward, and knees slightly bent.Your knees should be positioned directly ove
r the top of your second toe. Maintain this neutral position, ensuring your weight feels evenly distributed across your feet, for 2 minutes.
Thats it! Really easy. Of coarse -there is the ‘wear-moldable’ option which means you by-pass the oven heating route and wear them in your shoes. Over the coarse of 2-3 days, the SOLE Insoles will mold to your feet fit. If you prefer, watch our video “How To Heat Mold Your Insoles” too…
As with every SOLE Footbed, The SOLE Softec Response Custom Footbeds are American PodiatricMedical Association Accepted and are a fantastic option in theline-up of orthotic arch supports that The Insole Store.com. The footbeds are ideal for every day life, runners, cross-trainers, hiking, military-combat, and work boots. I will tell you that the entire time I wore the SOLE Softec Responses, they were in my every-day casual shoe that I wear around the house, play, and to work everyday. To over come foot issues, the Sole Responses are appropriate for casual and dress shoes too.
I have been very happy with the SOLE Softec Response’s. They provide excellent heel support with the deep cushioned heel cup, and superior arch support. I will say that I tend to put alot of my weight on my forefoot (front part of foot behind the toes) -so I personally prefer the deeper cushioned SOLE Softec Ultra Custom Footbeds; however the Response Footbeds are very nice. Remember: The three SOLE Footbed styles we provide are based on the cushioning thickness which is based on every individuals personal cushioning preference and need for filling (or decreasing) volume in their shoe or boot. Check out all our Heat Moldable Insoles.
For those that are seeking a customized fit with a Heat Moldable Insole, buy the SOLE Softec Response Custom Footbeds at The Insole Store.com Today!