Why might you need to consider metatarsal support? For any of these reasons:
-You have Morton’s Neuroma.
-You have been diagnosed with Sesamoiditis.
-Your doctor called your condition Metatarsalgia.
-You have pain in your forefoot when you are standing during the day.
-You have loved wearing high heels for far too long and the ball of your foot is excruciating.
What does “metatarsal support” mean? It means that you provide some type of insole or orthotic that is capable of supporting and changing back the ball of your foot to its normal, healthy structure. When the ball of your foot is altered, it cannot maintain its natural arch. By wearing this metatarsal support device, you are able to restore function of your foot during the day.
Whenever you put too much pressure on the ball of your feet, the nerves in between the toes can become inflamed resulting in some serious foot pain. However, this type of foot pain can be avoided. Here 6 ways to provide metatarsal support and prevent pain:
1. Stop wearing extreme high-heels. They are damaging your feet.
2. Stop wearing shoes that are too narrow.
3. Make sure that your shoes fit properly. If they don’t, get rid of them.
4. Reduce the number of times you get cortisone injections in your feet. These medications deplete the fat from the fat pads in your feet, exposing the nerves without adequate protection.
5. Make sure your athletic shoes are supportive enough.
6. Do your shoes have adequate arch support? If not, purchase some orthotics and insoles for this purpose.
Below is a variety of different orthotic and insole brands designed for this very purpose:
-New Balance Pressure Relief Insoles with Metatarsal Support
-Pedag Comfort Leather Insoles
-Sof Sole Ball-of-Foot Cushions
-Powerstep Metatarsal Cushion Pads
-Spenco Gel Ball of Foot Cushions
-Spenco Rx Ball of Foot Cushions
Metatarsal support cushions, insoles and orthotics are designed to redistribute the pressure placed on the ball of the foot in each and every step. The goal is to provide pressure and pain relief, while improving balance.